Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Keynote and Opening Session in the Exhibit Hall

by Paul

I've been to a few FETCs over the past 10 years. This year's Keynote by Reed Timmer was very interesting, if not directly relevant to educational technology. I was able to sit with Steve (whose posts are listed here), so we got caught up on the goings-on at our respective schools. The topic, storm chasing, was very engaging. I did copy down this website and plan to check it out later:

http://discoveryeducation.com/Reed-at-FETC

Discovery Education does a great job with education products, so I'm sure this website will have some interesting resources.

After several years walking the exhibit hall I'm getting pretty good at doing a once-over on the first night, then going back to check out promising booths. Is it a sign that our school is fairly well-equipped if I don't feel an urgent need to go back tomorrow?

I talked to a guy about Moodle, which I'll follow up on. I wonder if any readers out there have used it and can comment? I think we might be ready to graduate to Moodle after using Google Docs and Open Office with Dropbox for a few months. Crawl, then walk, then run... We're just getting started with 1:1 using Netbooks, so lots of learning to do first.

Well, I'm having my beer "on the District" and, so far, I'm all alone. Anybody coming?

Signing off for tonight....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for putting up this site and for taking the time to do the posts. There is already a great deal of information for me to sift through.

    Glad that you were able to catch up with Steve!

    Blessings, Bob Ziegler

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks for the Beer and conversation last night. Lets see if we can get more people tonight!

    ReplyDelete